Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 2 - Busy

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.
John Lennon
 
 
Today is Sunday.  A lot of people consider it a day of rest.  I on the other hand tend to stay busy from sun up to sun down.  Our custom is to go to church on Sunday.  We get up, we get dressed, drive 30 minutes to our church, and I'm glad we have this habit.  However, today was just busy.
 
 
Before we left the house I found out that the three year old granddaughter of one of my high school friends was going into surgery and it was serious.  She had aspirated on a popcorn kernel and it was in her lung.  So my mind was distracted for her.  Someone I've never met, but who was related to someone who once touched my life.  My mind was occuppied in praying for this sweet young life.
 
After church we went out to eat with our Sunday School class.  We went to a "hole in the wall" type family restaurant that serves decent food.  (I wasn't cooking or cleaning up, so excellent food).  A couple we know stayed behind and wanted to talk and we ended up talking for 3 hours.  It was good to listen and try to offer advice.
 
 
Then we made another trip to a grocery store.  We are all on a diet so lettuce is a big commodity here!!!  It was good to have hubby with me to help bag groceries and talk.  I never get tired of him.
 
And now I'm suppose to be paying bills.
 
 
1. Friends hurting
2. Grocery shopping
3. Bill paying
 
The things of an ordinary life, but I'm so glad I wasn't making other plans and missed my moments to live!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how well the John Lennon quote goes with your Slice. Many of our best moments are unplanned! Great piece!